Richard's Photo Gallery - Gardens of the Rose
Location Gardens of the Rose, Saint Albans, Hertfordshire
Date 1996 June 16th.
Camera Canon Sure Shot
Entrance fee was half price because the cold spring meant that hardly
anything was in bloom (as you can see).
- 1857 - Rev. C.Hole suggests first Grand National Rose Show.
- 1876 - The National Rose Society founded.
- 1963 - Headquarters at Chiswell Green Lane established.
- 1965 - HMQ grants Royal status.
- 1996 - 30,000 trees in the collection.
[Richard's Home page]
1996 October 9th.