Exercise 6: C++ Standard Template Library
Create a new program ex6.cc which will
read a list of names from a simple text file into a list in memory, perform some simple
manipulation then write the contents out to another file. Implement the steps below and
after each stage compile and run your program.
- Use the standard template library to write a main program to read a
list of names from a file name.txt. Use the STL string and
list classes to build a linked list of strings. You will need the STL classes :
<iostream> <fstream> <string> <list>
- Open the file and read its contents into the linked list. Try not to
specify the size of the list but instead use the eof() member function of ifstream. Make
sure you close the stream when you have finished with it.
- Next search the linked list and remove the entry "simon"
- Now reverse the order of the list
- Finally open a new file "name2.txt" and write the contents
of the list to the file. The result should be in reverse order with the entry simon
removed. Dont forget to close the stream.
- Add a few more names to the file "name.txt", does your
program still work as it should ?