Examples of use of
All rights are reserved on the SaVi images on these pages. A service rendering SaVi images on request is available. Any use of SaVi images must credit
SaVi. Suggested references are:
L. Wood, SaVi: satellite constellation visualization, First Annual CCSR Research Symposium, Centre for Communication Systems Research, 30 June 2011.
L. Wood, P. Worfolk et al., SaVi - Satellite constellation Visualization software, http://savi.sf.net/, 2013.
Examples of such use include:
Academic work showcasing SaVi includes:
- R. Q. Hofacker, Satellites (Communications and Navigation), Van Nostrand Scientific Encyclopedia, 2005.
- Department of Electronic Engineering, Degree programmes in Electronic Engineering, p. 10, University of Surrey, 2004.
- T. R. Henderson, LEO Satellite Networks, Encyclopedia of Telecommunications, John Proakis (ed.) et al., Wiley, 2003.
- Y. Fun Hu, G. Maral and E. Ferro (eds.), EU COST action 253: Service efficient network interconnection via satellite, pp. 128-129, Wiley, ISBN 0-471-48669-8, January 2002.
- M. Dodge and R. Kitchin, Atlas of Cyberspace, p. vi, Cables and satellites section, p. 22, ISBN 0-201-74575-5, August 2001.
- M. Dodge and R. Kitchin, Mapping Cyberspace, Ch. 5, Mapping information and communication technologies, figure 5.6, October 2000.
- O. Montenbruck and E. Gill, Satellite Orbits: Models, Methods, Applications, p. 7.
- K. Fall and K. Varadhan (eds.), ns manual, ch. 17, Satellite networking in ns.
Press articles featuring SaVi include:
- M. Nirmala and R. V. Pujeri, Performance of TCP Vegas, Bic and Reno Congestion Control Algorithms on Iridium Satellite Constellations, International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security (IJCNIS), vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 40-49, November 2012.
- P. Muri and J. McNair, A Survey of Communication Sub-systems for Intersatellite Linked Systems and CubeSat missions, Journal of Communications, vol. 7 no. 4, pp. 290-308, April 2012.
- L. Wood, SaVi: satellite constellation visualization, First Annual CCSR Research Symposium, Centre for Communication Systems Research, 30 June 2011.
- M.-M. Burlacu, Performance Analysis and Routing in
Nanosatellite Constellations: Models and Applications for Remote Regions,
PhD thesis, ch. 4, Université de Haute Alsace, December 2010.
- H. Bedon, C. Negron, J. Llantoy, C. M. Nieto and C. O. Asma, Preliminary Internetworking Simulation of the QB50 Cubesat Constellation, IEEE Latin-American Conference on Communications (LATCOM), Bogota, Colombia, November 2010.
- M.-M. Burlacu, P. Lorenz and J. Kohlenberg, Performance Comparative Study of eXtended Satellite Transport Protocol over Traditional Satellites Networks and Nanosatellite Constellations, IARIA Journal on Advances in Telecommunications, vol. 3, no. 3&4, 2010, pp. 324-337.
- Zongyang Luo, Routing and End-to-End Quality of Service in Satellite IP Networks, PhD thesis, University of Surrey, 2008, Fig. 3-4 p. 55.
- L. Castanet (ed.), Influence of the Variability of the Propagation Channel on Mobile, Fixed Multimedia and Optical Satellite Communications, SatNEx consortium, Shaker Verlag, 2008.
- H. Yang, X. Wang and H. Zhao, The Modeling, Simulation and Effectiveness Evaluation for Communication Networks of Multi-layer Satellites Constellation, Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Security, Guangzhou, China, November 2006, pp. 1055-1060.
- C. Wullems, O. Pozzobon, and K. Kubik, Secure tracking for critical applications: communications, GPS and future Galileo services, in P. Mendis, L. Priyan, J. Lai and E. Dawson (eds.), Recent Advances in Security Technology, Australian Homeland Security Research Centre, Canberra, ACT.
- T. Taleb, A. Jamalipour, N. Kato and Y. Nemototo, Theatre in the Sky: a ubiquitous broadband multimedia-on-demand service over a novel constellation composed of quasi-geostationary satellites, International Journal of Satellite Communications and Networking, vol. 24 issue 3, May/June 2006, pp. 215-227.
- T. Taleb, Internetworking over Next-Generation NGEO/IP-based Satellite Communications Systems, PhD thesis, Tohoku University, August 2005.
- T. Taleb, U. Dharmaratna, N. Kato, and Y. Nemoto, A Geographical Location Based Satellite Selection Scheme for a Novel Constellation Composed of Quasi-Geostationary Satellites, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communication, ICC 2005, Seoul, Korea, May 2005.
- L. Press, The Internet in developing nations: Grand challenges, First Monday, vol. 9 no. 4, 5 April 2004.
- J. Demko, J. Hongli, C.Schlak and L. Tran, LEO satellite services - can a startup provider survive?, Capstone paper, Interdisciplinary Telecommunications Program, 14 December 2001.
- L. Wood, Internetworking with satellite constellations, PhD thesis, University of Surrey, June 2001.
- L. Wood, G. Pavlou and B. G. Evans, Managing diversity with handover to provide classes of service in satellite constellation networks, Proceedings of the 19th AIAA International Communication Satellite Systems Conference (ICSSC '01), vol. 3, session 35, no. 194, Toulouse, France, April 2001.
- T. R. Henderson and R. Katz, On Distributed, Geographic-Based Packet Routing for LEO Satellite Networks,
Proceedings of IEEE Globecom 2000, San Francisco, California, November 2000.
- T. R. Henderson and R. Katz, Network Simulation for LEO Satellite Networks, Proceedings of the 18th AIAA International Communications Satellite Systems Conference (ICSSC), Oakland, California, April 2000.
- I. El Khamlichi and L. Franck, Study of Two Policies for Implementing Routing Algorithms in Satellite Constellations, Proceedings of the 18th AIAA International Communications Satellite Systems Conference (ICSSC), Oakland, California, April 2000.
- M. Hadjitheodosiou, A. Ephremides and D. Friedman, Broadband access via satellite, Computer Networks vol. 31, issue 4, February 1999, pp. 353-378.
- T. R. Henderson, Networking over next-generation satellite systems, PhD dissertation, Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley, Fall 1999.
- L. Wood, H. Cruickshank and Z. Sun, Supporting group applications via satellite constellations with multicast, Proceedings of the Sixth IEE Conference on Telecommunications, pp. 190-194, Edinburgh, April 1998.
- G. Comparetto and R. Ramirez, Trends in Mobile Satellite Technology, IEEE Computer, vol. 37 no. 2, pp. 44-52, February 1997.
SaVi has also featured in:
- SaVi puts 3-D satellite tracking on your desktop, Lisa Hoover, OStatic, 11 December 2009.
- Look, up in the sky! Track satellites with SaVi, Lee Schlesinger, SourceForge, 9 December 2009.
- Secure tracking for critical applications, Chris Wullems, Oscar Pozzobon and Kurt Kubik, PositionIT, November-December 2007, pp. 65-72.
- Secure tracking for critical applications, Oscar Pozzobon, Chris Wullems and Alessandro Pozzobon, Geospatial Solutions, 1 August 2006.
- Connectivity model for the developing world builds on NSF Net's success, Larry Press, The Weekly Op-Ed, The Wireless Internet Institute, 5 May 2004.
- Payloads, launches, and the reality gap, Marco Caceres, Industry Insights, Aerospace America, June 2003.
- Tracking, Need to Know, 21 December 2001.
- Covering the world, Adam Rogers and Jennifer Tanaka, Focus on Technology, Newsweek, 12 May 1997, page 88.
- 'Net access for all mankind, Seattle Times/Post-Intelligencer, 29 September 1996, page 1.
If giving credit for use is undesirable, there are alternatives to SaVi.
this page last updated 3 September 2012