Lloyd Wood - introducing ns - packet delay script
I wrote an awk script to parse ns-2 tracefiles and determine the path delays for packets between a source and destination. And then I made it public on a mailing list.
I was using CBR firing once a second, hence the final
%d. The more general
%f is better.
Lloyd's work using this script
- L. Wood, Y. Lou and O. Olusola, Revisiting elliptical satellite orbits to enhance the O3b constellation, Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, vol. 67 no. 3, pp. 110-118, March 2014.
- L. Wood, Satellite constellation networks, Chapter 2, Internetworking and Computing over Satellite Networks, Yongguang Zhang (ed.) Kluwer Academic Press, ISBN 1-4020-7424-7, pp. 13-34, March 2003.
- L. Wood, Internetworking with satellite constellations, PhD thesis, University of Surrey, June 2001.
- L. Wood, G. Pavlou and B. G. Evans, Managing diversity with handover to provide classes of service in satellite constellation networks, Proceedings of the 19th AIAA International Communication Satellite Systems Conference (ICSSC), vol. 3, session 35, no. 194, Toulouse, France, April 2001.
- L. Wood, G. Pavlou and B. G. Evans, Effects on TCP of routing strategies in satellite constellations, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 172-181, March 2001.
Others have since found that script useful in their work, and have referenced it. Someone placed it on github.
- Improved binary increase congestion control for data transfer in satellite networks, M. Nirmala, R. V. Pujeri and M. L. Valarmathi, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 10 no. 7, April 2015.
- Experimental Evaluation of TCP Protocols in Short and Long Distance Networks, Mudassar Ahmad, Md Asri Ngadi and Mohd Murtadha Mohamad, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. JATIT, vol. 71 no. 2, pp. 153-166, January 2015.
- Evaluation of virtual private network impact on network performance, Mukatshung Claude Nawej, dissertations for Magister Technologiae, University of South Africa, September 2016.
- Rate Adaptive Video Streaming over Wireless Networks Explained & Explored, Torgeir Haukaas, Masters thesis, NTNU, 2007.
- Detection of Denial of QoS Attacks on Diffserv Networks, V. Mahadik, Master's thesis, North Carolina State University, 2002.
- A Performance Evaluation of TFRC, E. Hinde, BSc project, School of Computing, University of Leeds, 2006.
- Performance Evaluation of RSVP, J. Galliano, School of Computing, University of Leeds, 2003.
- Performance Study of MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching), S. Dobson, BSc project, School of Computing, University of Leeds, 2002.
Lloyd Wood (L.Wood@society.surrey.ac.uk)